Heather C. Wright, Attorney
Heather C. Wright is the founding partner of The Wright Firm, where she uses her litigation skills and business acumen to help corporate and family clients make strategic decisions with a focus on reaching the optimum resolution for their unique situation. An attorney with over 20 years of experience (AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell), as well as a registered mediator and arbitrator, Heather is adept at identifying the most direct path to success for disputing parties, working to minimize the stress and fallout that can sometimes accompany these matters.
Heather’s care and empathy – along with her ability to simultaneously think in terms of big picture strategy and small picture tactics – garner appreciation from clients. She is a powerful negotiator who revels in situations where she can use both her EQ and IQ to help clients find workable solutions.
On top of that, this self-professed introvert is a compelling and compassionate speaker who can communicate complex information in an entertaining way. And while she frequently does presentations on legal topics, her real passion is sharing her perspective and deep knowledge of broader subjects like leadership, communication, overcoming adversity, and managing conflict.
After finishing law school, Heather clerked for Cobb County Superior Court Judge James G. Bodiford, where she assisted with business, criminal, and family law matters. She then worked at some of Atlanta’s most prestigious law firms before founding her own firm in 2005.
Away from the office, Heather is a Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate and teaches self-defense and karate for adults and children, helping others learn to fight for themselves. She is actively involved in the Atlanta business community and Mount Paran Church, donating her time and expertise to both. In her rare and precious free time, she enjoys reading, writing, photography, martial arts, and the occasional nap.
- B.A in Finance – University of Georgia
- J.D. – Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University
Memberships & Volunteerism
- Member of Atlanta Bar Association
- Former President of the Buckhead Business Association
- Former Board Member of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers (GAWL)
- Volunteer with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Volunteer with DeKalb Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
A Few Fun Facts
- Favorite Cartoon is Bugs Bunny, particularly in the Barber of Seville.
- Is not a fan of ice cream but can throw down with a chocolate éclair or profiteroles.
- LOVES The Beatles so much she named her cats Eleanor and Rigby.
- Sings alto in her church choir yet ironically has never sung karaoke, cannot play an instrument, or read music.
- If given the chance to travel anywhere, she would take a year and a Delta World Pass and go everywhere, meeting people and telling their stories on her return.